"Error retrieving information from server
Help And Questions - Sep 04, 2014
"Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]". Now i can't download or update any app on any of my Android devices using my Google account.
A few days ago i've been getting this error message whenever i try to download anything from Google Play store. I've tried every fix and suggestion that i can find on different help forums on the internet short of doing a factory reset.
Here's some of the things i've done (which didn't work):
- Removed and added back my Google account
- Clear all data and cache from every Google Play related app pre-installed in my phone
- Cleared all data and cache from my Download Manager (also made sure it isn't disabled)
- Restarted my phone several times (while doing all the other steps above)
- Disabled, removed, and re-installed the Google Play app
Now the only thing that worked (which i don't consider a solution) was to create another Google account and used that account to download apps in the Play store. It worked. Although I stated that i don't consider this a solution because all of my purchased apps are tied to my first and original Google account.
I tried making contact with Google's help desk but all they gave me are suggestions which i've already done.
I'm at my wits end here. Can anybody help? I'm using a non-rooted LG G2 (international version) and a rooted Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) SM-P600 tablet.